Family, Friends, God, Crafting, Baking and Photography is what keeps this girl running!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
KSBJ Booming by the Bay 2010
On Tuesday we (Nick, Meme, Haleigh, Gabby, KK and me) went to the KSBJ Booming by the Bay concert in kemah. Seventh Day Slumber was the band of the night and I cannot tell you how much anointing was in that place. When you first see the band, they have piercings, tattoo's and they are wearing all black. Not my picture of a "christian" band. After listening to these guys play their music and giving their testimonies, I was overwhelmed. During the concert I was totally consumed in what they were saying and singing. The amount of youth and young people that were in attendance STUNNED me. It gave me hope in our generation. In that split second, it made me realize that God is STILL in control, no matter what sex scandals, teen pregnancy's, drug addictions or family issues my generation has....he is STILL the almighty healer, protector, therapist, friend, and father. There was a point in the concert where I felt my chest cave in, my eyes get watery, my knees shake and my breath quiver. I knew God was in this place, I knew he heard my needs, he heard my cries, he felt my hurts, he knew what I was going through...he knew. He always has, always does and always will. Nobody around me knew what I was feeling, this wonderful revelation of knowing my Lord and Savior telling me that I am just fine, and what I'm going through is nothing compared to what the end outcome will be. I am not working my butt off for nothing, I WILL come out of this gaining what I am working so hard for. To say the least, that night was wonderful and extremely fulfilling. Who knew that a night at the Kemah Boardwalk would show me so much.....I will be back this coming Tuesday for another concert. :)




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment